I will start out the post with Devils Lake State Park is one of the prettiest places I have ever been to in Wisconsin. It really reminded me of the Pacific Northwest. Myself, Justin, Carter, Meredith and Ty all camped Friday and Saturday night. Meredith and Ty had planned on heading to Michigan today, but my, how do plans change.
I met with my Ear, Nose and Throat doctor on Friday. He said based on the size of my thyroid lump, he wanted to do surgery as soon as possible. We would then biopsy the lump after surgery. I go in to have the left side of my thyroid removed on Tuesday morning. I had a CT scan and an xray done this afternoon, two pre-surgery appointments tomorrow, and I check into the hospital on Tuesday morning. The surgery will be at 1pm and I will be held overnight for observation. The doctor recommended that I have help for a couple days after the surgery, so Meredith, being the wonderful friend she is, changed her plans and will be here through Saturday to help with Carter and my recovery.
The doctor was very honest with me. There is a chance the lump could be cancerous, but we will cross that bridge when we get there. If you would like more information about thyroid cancer go to: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/CRI_2_3x.asp?dt=43 I found this site VERY informative and it definitely made me feel better.
So the running joke around here is I really wanted Meredith to stay longer, so I scheduled the surgery so she had to stay...hahahahaha. And also, I guess I needed one night of sleep so bad that I had to stay in a hospital to get it! Thanks for all your well wishes and I will try to keep you all updated. If I don't return phone calls or emails, don't hate me...I am really busy!! Love to all!
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I will be thinking of you lots and lots! Thank goodness that Meredith could change her plans on such short notice!
Post a Comment