We had an AWESOME Thanksgiving! It was so great to have Jake and Chelsea here to celebrate with us. It was the second year they have had Thanksgiving with us. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, homemade stuffing, homemade rolls, cranberry/pineapple jello, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, and of course corn. For dessert we had homemade pumpkin pie cheese cake and homemade apple pie...mmmm...everything was great! We all went to bed very full Thursday night. The next day we drove down to Chicago and went to the Museum of Science and Industry. It was very cool. There were so many cool exihibits, but I think our favorite was the the German submarine and the interactive earth exhibit called Earth revealed. Click here to see info on the interactive earth as I did not get pictures: http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/earth-revealed/ We took the long way back from Chicago along Lake Michigan and stopped and had lunch near Northwestern's campus. On Saturday we went to the Gurnee Mills Mall to do some shopping and of course we had to get Carter's pic with Santa. I got one for FREE at Bass Pro Shop...of course he screamed, but it is still cute. Then we went to the Jelly Belly Warehouse, took the tour, and bought some jelly beans...YUM! We had a great time and cannot wait to have them here again and maybe go to another Chicago landmark.
We had another snow last week and again this week. Carter had to go outside and test his new snowsuit. I got it at Gander Mountain on sale for $25 when it was regular $125!!! It is a little big, but he will grow into it. I went and bought him some little work boots yesterday so he can run around in the snow without slipping on his bum. We also found out that Carter is NOT anemic, so that is awesome. My labs also came back normal, so we are finally all back to normal...as normal as we can be!! I hope you all are doing great and enjoy the pics!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
That Santa pic is classic. Classic!!
Post a Comment