Friday, April 3, 2009

More news...

I just wanted to let everyone know I miscarried naturally about two weeks ago. We are so glad that we did not have to go in and have a D & C. It was very rough in the beginning, but now we have accepted it and moved on. I am not sure if moved on is the correct term, but it seems the most appropriate. To get through something like this, you almost have to look at the bright side in order to heal. I guess I feel like what good would it do for me to mope around when I have a wonderful, loving, caring, adorable, and healthy little boy in my life who brings me joy every day...and Justin of course too. :) I went to the doctor earlier this week and everything looks back to normal. It seems this was a freak miscarriage and should hopefully not happen again. We will hopefully be able to get pregnant again soon. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and thoughts. Love to all, Barbara, Justin, and Carter.

4 comments:

Jade said...

We'll keep our prayers with you. While I know the physical part of things are over, it must still be hard on you. But everything happens for a reason -- God only knows what that reason is sometimes, but might as well leave Him in charge of it. Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us -- it helps us be more appreciative of what we all have.

Jay and Camille said...

You will always have a special place in your heart for that baby. I had a miscarriage and a D&C back in August and I still think of that little one. It's rough but you do get through it and like you said you grow to appreciate what you have. My husband and I grew a lot closer from that trial.

The Buck's said...

Kevin and I have been thinking a lot of you and Justin lately. I am so glad to hear that you are doing okay. Just remember, you did have a loss...it is okay to mourn that loss and be sad sometimes. Don't let anyone tell you different!

Kristen said...

I'm so glad that you are fine. Things like this are very hard to understand and sometimes are never understood completely. Time helps, it really does. You will gain new and different perspectives on life and become a better person because of it. Loss can make you realize just what you are made of and what you are capable of doing. Good luck to you and your family.