Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Traveling kind of girl!

Whew...we have been busy lately and we are just going to stay busy! I am heading to Boise this weekend to see my friends from Pullman; Aileen and Meredith. That's right...Justin is going to have Carter from Thursday night until Sunday night! I cannot wait to hang out with my wine bar ladies (we all worked together at a wine bar in Pullman). This is the first trip I have done away from Carter. When I had my surgery, I had to stay in ICU one night, but other than that, I have not been away from Carter overnight. I am really lucky that Justin can take a day off and have a Daddy weekend with Carter. Then in May, Carter and I are flying back to New York to visit our East coast family. My Grandfather recently passed away and we will be definitely hanging with my Grandma for a lot of the trip. The really neat thing is that Grandma Mary and Grandpa Russ are going to be there too and will fly a leg of each way with us!! We cannot wait to spend some much needed time with all our family in New York. THEN soon after we get back, we are going to go camping with Jake and Chelsea at Devils Lake State Park (sound familiar Meredith) for a weekend. It will be our first camping trip this summer and we are really excited.

I am going to do this post a little different because I have a variety of pics and videos...hope you enjoy them all!

We took Carter to some drag races last weekend. Carter really liked all the cars, especially the tractor that kept the track race ready. This track is close to our house and we will definitely have to go back again as the season progresses. Justin actually raced his El Camino here a couple years ago.


Carter ready to rock!


Watching the cars go by!
Carter loves anything with wheels. He got matchbox cars from the Easter bunny. He now has the Grandmas feeding his need for stuff from the movie Cars. Grandma Judy sent him a very cool Cars blanket and Grandma Mary sent him Cars sippy cups and Cars PJs. Even Aunt Misty sent him a Cars color book.

Carter lining all his cars up in the living room. (Like the Dino pjs Ty??)


Carter under his Cars blanket Grandma Judy made and sent to him (he is also in his Cars PJs)!
We have been trying to eat healthier and more economically. I am trying to get us to eat vegetarian 1-2 times a week to save money...which is also good for us. Plus the more veggies we eat, the better it is for my thyroid levels. Some recipes have been good and others have been okay. Carter absolutely loves quiche thanks to Jake and Chelsea and below is another spinach dish I made. Justin thought it was all right and I got the okay to serve it about once every month and a half...it is a start! :)


Spinach bread and butter casserole...it was good!

We are putting in a really cool garden this year. Meredith tuned me into a book called Square Foot Gardening and I absolutely loved it! If you are interested here is the website: http://www.squarefootgardening.com/ It all about gardening for what you need and helping us do it in a small space. We have a bunch of extra wood that we are going to use to make the forms. We will have two 4' x 4' squares and each one of those will have sixteen 1' x 1' squares. I can't wait and will take lots of pics for you all!

Daddy and Carter helping me dig part of the garden.

All dug up...by hand...I could have used Grandpa Russ' rototiller!

Carter opening his box of stuff from Grandma Mary.

The races we took Carter to.

1 comment:

Shana said...

Hi Barbara - I hope I get a chance to finally meet you tomorrow afternoon before I leave town! I've done the square-foot garden thing too the last couple years and really like it! Good luck!! shana