Friday, July 24, 2009

On my soap box again...sorry.

I just wanted to share this website with some of my expecting friends about the "Babywise" books. In my opinion, please read these books with caution as some of the material present in them contradicts recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics about feeding and feeding schedules in newborns and infants. See the following website: http://www.ezzo.info/feeding.htm It just makes me nervous as a mom that someone would force a newborn into a schedule for the sole purpose of sleeping through the night. I will agree that sleep is nice, but not at the cost of my child's health. (Carter did not sleep through the night until he was 13 months old, so I do cherish the sleep I get now.) I tend to parent along the lines of attachment parenting which means feeding with love and respect, see the following website for more info http://www.attachmentparenting.org/principles/principles.php If I offend some of you, I apologize and mean no harm to your parenting techniques. This is just how I feel and my goal is for everyone to do research to see what works best for them. My hope is to help you gain more resources to use in your parenting decisions. Love to all of you and your precious little ones.

2 comments:

Jay and Camille said...

Thanks for the advice! I'll read your websites.

Justin and Barbara said...

No problem! I always love looking into stuff and trying to get as much info as I can...so then I assume others feel the same way. Congrats on your little one almost being here!