Monday, July 21, 2008

Officially Wisconsin residents!!

So those of you that I talk to on a consistent basis know the war I have been waging with the Wisconsin DMV. For those of you who don't...the SHORT version: To get a Wisconsin driver's license you used to just need your old driver's license and proof of residency...NOW you HAVE to have your old driver's license, proof of residency (utlities bill, paycheck from state, bank statement from a Wisconsin bank), a STATE or COUNTY issued birth certificate (not the one from the hospital...I was told that was JUST A SOUVENIER), and a social security card. After NUMEROUS trips there over the last year, we FINALLY got our driver's licenses. They claim it is fight terrorism. I think it is to discourage people from coming to the state. Now I see why Brett Favre wants to leave this state! Stupid state of Wisconsin...

Enjoy the pics of our house and plants! I love seeing all the flowers pop up...it is like Christmas!


My beefsteak tomato plant and basil plants.


My and Justin's little garden.


Mmmmmm...Basil!


I have an eggplant growing!


Justin's chili pepper plant...doesn't it look like a christmas tree?


Another shot...he wants to make a really hot chili with this and his habenero peppers...he is going to kill us all with it!


Our backyard. We are composting in the old pool area and next year are going to build a very nice round brick and stone sitting area/firepit.


This will look much nicer next year with all the brick and stone. I LOVE all the flowers..are they a form of lily?? I am not sure??


My clematis that I need to take better care of next year. I realized what it was too late and cannot separate it to have it grow through the wall.


Picture of lily?? Does anyone know what these are??


They are all over our yard and very pretty.


They are in all different colors.


Our backyard. I am standing in the pool area, garden is on the right, my wysteria is climbing the patio roof and my hosta garden is straight ahead.


Another shot of the flowers around the pool area...I cannot wait to make it prettier!


My wysteria!


Our compost pile, flowers, and tree house.


My hosta garden.


The pathway along the side of the garage. Eventually we are going to have to tear the brick out.


Very tall and pretty flowers...not sure what they are?


More hostas on the other side of the house.


Another pretty flower.


Another shot of our pathway.

2 comments:

Meredith, Bucky and Ty said...

I think they are all varieties of day lillies...or lillies of some type. Very pretty!!

Katie and Matt said...

Yes, they are lillies. They will grow anywhere! We have them all along our road frontage (only the orage ones, I love the pink ones you have). I translplated them up to the flower garden around the house and they have done wonderfully. So, when they're done flowering dig a couple up and break them up and plant then in other places around your yard. Those yellow flowers look like coreopsis, I think that's the botanical name for them, I think they are also called tickseed. They are easy to grow here. They would look great mixed in with your pink and orange lillies!